From elementary school through high school, we were always made to write a composition called “My New Year’s Resolution” before Christmas break. That was always the last formal theme writing topic.
Believe it or not, every year I still write down my resolutions on my journal. Reading my journals from previous years, I find I managed to keep some for a year or longer; but mostly I failed.
For 2015 and the coming years, I resolve to be kind not only to others, but to myself most of all. I am too old to be making the same mistakes and hurting myself the same way I did when I was 20!
So here are my new year’s resolutions. What’s yours?
1. Don’t be too proud, be humble.
2. Don’t be vindictive, be forgiving.
3. Don’t expect too much from people you care about, be patient with them.
4. Don’t care too much about the lives of the people you care about, live your own life.
5. Don’t forget you’ve made these resolutions before, be mindful of them.